The idea of making a pudding has been on my mind for a long time. So, last Saturday I felt like it was the right day to try my first pudding recipe -- a super easy and marvellously tasty, as it has turned out to be, the APRICOT or PEACH PUDDING. I've tried both versions and the one with the juicy peaches came out even much better. Every bite was literally melting in the mouth...
it seems there are thousands of them, you'll see that they are all different - baked, steamed, boiled, creamy. Yet, all of them... pudding! There are even gelatine puddings which are specially popular in US and Canada. Puddings are not even always sweet, by the way!
So, let's just have in mind that pudding is both a multifaceted dessert and a savory as well. Ok, theory is interesting, but let's better move on to the yummy practice ツ
YOU WILL NEED:
peaches or apricots -- 6 pcs
butter -- 135g
flour -- 120g
sugar -- 180g + 3 tbsp
eggs -- 2 pcs
vanilla extract -- 1/2 tsp
LET's MAKE IT:
1. Cut the peaches into halves and remove the stones. Put the peaches in a pot, add 4 tbsp water, 3 tbsp sugar, vanilla extract. You might find it more convenient to simmer the peaches by portions.
2. Leave the peaches to simmer over slow fire until they become soft.
3. Now, preheat the oven to 150C.
4. Pound 125g of butter with 180g of sugar, add flour. Beat the eggs and add them into the dough. Mix it all very well.
5. Grease the baking mold with a small quantity of butter, lay out the peaches and pour the dough over.
6. Bake for ab. 30 min.