❂ 1 tsp turmeric powder ❂ 4 tbsp butter ❂ salt to taste ❂ 1/4 cup cream
❂ 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) ❂ 1 cup finely chopped onions (to my taste,
i used half a medium sized onion) ❂ 1 tbsp chopped garlic ❂ 3 tsp lemon juice
❂ 1 tsp black peppercorns
1. Clean, wash and soak the masoor dal in water for 20 min.
2. Drain, add 2 cups of water, add salt and pressure cook for 15-20 min till the dal is cooked.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
4. Whisk till the dal is almost mashed and pour into a deep pan.
5. Add the garlic paste, cilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 tbsp butter and cream. Simmer on a low flame till the dal thickens.
6. For the tempering, heat the remaining butter in another pan, then add the cumin seeds.
7. When they crackle, add the onions and garlic and saute till they become translucent.
8. Add to the dal mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Add the lemon juice, peppercorns and salt in required and mix well. Serve hot.