Thursday, February 6, 2014

Homemade Dark Chocolate Truffles

...about a week ago I managed to get a stupid winter flu and came down with a temperature, dry cough and pleasures like that. Thus, no entertainment for about a whole week. At first I was casting gloomy glances at my laptop (I was strictly prohibited from even thinking to use it) but then, when the temperature fell down I found a very absorbing pastime - leafing through my cookbooks and food mags!
Feasting my eyes on beautiful illustrations I was dreaming about what I would be preparing when I get better. Thus, in one of the mags there was a series of choco recipes (a pic below) and I decided first to try my hands at truffles!

The recipe looked easy and promised to be very tasty too! In spite of my fears like - "...this wouldn't have proper consistence to be shaped into balls..." or " ...what if it wouldn't stiffen?!" - truffles went out just excellent!

Makes about 12 truffles
Ingredients:
cream (22%) - 100ml  °  cream (33-35%) - 100 ml  °  3 dark chocolate bars  
°  50g almond (ground)  °  cacao powder

Method of preparation:

Melt 2 bars of chocolate in water bath.
Beat up the cream, mix with melted chocolate and ground almonds.
Wrap the mass in a cling film and put into a plastic container uncovered.
Cool down in a fridge for 1 hour.
Cut the hardened mass into cubes (about 3x3cm) and shape the balls.
Put the balls in a fridge for 10 min.
Melt the 3rd bar in water bath and, with a fork, dip the chocoballs in it.
Lay out the truffles on a foil and refrigerate till the chocolate icing hardens.
Fill a cellophane packet with some cacao powder, put the truffles inside slightly shaking for them to be covered with cacao.

2 comments:

  1. Wow these look good! I love the way you have presented them too...a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ThankYouGifts - Thank you for your kind words! You are welcome :)

    ReplyDelete