Saturday, October 8, 2016

Botanical Garden in Moscow "Aptékarsky Ogoród"

During my last visit to Moscow this summer, I went to see the eldest botanical garden in Russia, "Aptékarsky Ogoród" which is located right in the center of the city. The garden was founded in 1706. by a Russian Emperor Peter I as a garden for medicinal herbs. Nowadays, seasonal and themed garden festivals and nature crafts master classes regularly take place there. 
...while walking, i clicked some pictures whenever my attention was attracted: 
large-sized AQUILEGIAS and CAMPANULAS...
a good selection of CONIFEROUS trees...

pale-pink whisks of astilba surrounded by the intense greenery, and a nice play of light...



a space dedicated to different sorts of HOSTAS...


some glimpses at the TROPICAL HOT HOUSE interior...

a bit from the vast collection of SUCCULENTS, CACTI, PALMS & ORCHIDS...

high humidity loving plants...


and here's a bit of territory belonging to a herbs greenhouse, but it was closed that time...
The garden's lovely guards! Here, two members of the duck family were marching energetically in step right onto me!


Well, our short walk has come to an end! To be fair, I have to say that the garden, except some corners, looked quite uncared. As if all the trees and bushes grew on their own... May be I happened to be there in wrong time... Anyway, that is the reason why I didn't make pictures of the garden's general view.
But, here you may see some nice pictures of "Aptékarsky Ogoród" in Spring that I, by chance, spotted in someone's blog. There are good panoramical photos of the garden as well. Ciao ツ

No comments:

Post a Comment