Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lablab Beans Salad with Asparagus and Chicken Hearts

Now, why not to fortify ourselves with a tasty, delicious and nutritious salad? The recipe I spotted somewhere in a cooking magazine was quite simple, only three ingredients - white beans, asparagus and onion(8/- brrr, for me, a big NO to cooked onion!Anyway, I got inspired with the idea, and now am ready to present you my own version -- lablab beans, asparagus, zucchini and chicken hearts + some spices, all sprinkled with roasted sesam seeds
 Though it's called a 'salad', but, actually, it is a full-fledged self-sufficient second course dish. Here I give no any exact proportions of ingredients, as I myself did everything by eye. Just mix it all in the desired quantity.

1. Soak lablab beans (you may meet also other names of this type of beans as Egyptian or Indian beans) overnight.
2. Cook the beans until soft.
3. Cook chicken hearts.
4. Fry zucchini in olive oil + coriander seeds, ginger powder, white pepper and sea salt.
5. Cook asparaguses for about 10 min or until soft.
6. Roast sesam seeds until crispy and slightly brown.
7. Mix all the ingredients together in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with sesam seeds, add a little bit of olive oil and sea salt if necessary.
Though it's still tasty when cooled down, but, to me, the best way to serve it is when it's very warm, even quite hot [i had mine almost right from the frying pan]. So, if you are like me, then you might like to re-heat it slightly to make it comfortably warm.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment