Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Baked Apples with Honey + yummy winter tea

I rarely eat apples (well, just not my kind of fruit to eat it raw), but anything baked with apples is quite a different story! Apples, when baked, get so juicy and flavoursome! So, now here's a yummy idea of an apple breakfast I've recently done for myself:

1. Wash the apples and core them so that there was a hole for a filling.
2. The filling i made was a mixture of what's usually at hand - honey, raisins, cedar nuts or just any pounded nuts and, of course, spices e.g. cinnamon & nutmeg powder.
3. Pour some water onto the bottom of a deep pan, place there your stuffed apples. Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 mins.
... I enjoyed my apples along with sunflower seed brittles (gosinachs) and halwa!
And the tea was very delicious - a mix of black tea with hibiscus, bits of beetroot, strawberry, raspberry & apples, flavoured with chocolate!
These were my first baked apples which I did without assistance, so, yeah... they came out collapsed. Still, that didn't affect the taste... and, I will continue practicing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment