Friday, May 2, 2014

I Like the Blue Like This...

... not that it's my fav colour (my fav is yellow, btw :), but I'd say this post has been born as a kind of attempt of proving myself that the colour BLUE is not always about being dull and melancholic.

Though, even having explored lots of visual materials while preparing the post, I'm still a bit confused about naming the multiple tints of blue -- CIAN BLUE, ULTRAMARINE BLUE, INDIGO and COBALT BLUE to name a few of my fav shades, as often they may look very similar yet having different denominations. So, it's not about colour differentiation here, but a farrago of moods & goods in BLUE, in a few of its tints that recently caught my attention!

Much of inspiration today will be from Morocco. This country has been definitely prevailing in my posts, have you noticed? I should visit, no doubt! :)

This first picture has nothing to do with the rest of the post, but you'll see it fits the theme! Stephen Ridley, a former bank officer from London turned musician & singer. An interesting guy does an interesting music, which style I'd define for myself as... jazz-o-blues :). So, don't forget to listen & watch him here!
[Photo: Данил Головкин/Danil Golovkin Style: Alexander Schurenkov/Александр Щуренков] via here
ABAYAS BY A DUBAI FASHION LABEL SLOUCHY'Z         BRUSHES PHOTOGRAPHY  via ELLENSALBUM.COm
A HALLWAY IN PEACOCK PAVILIONS / MARRAKESH/ AS FEATURED IN ELLE DECOR, Apr. 2012
MODERN BLUE . PHOTOGRAPHY BY YURIKO TAKAGI VIA TRENDTABLET
LIDEWIJ EDELKOORT's  HEARTWEAR . PHOTOS BY MARIE TAILLEFER / ART DIRECTION -- SERGIO MACHADO via TRENDTABLET 
↓ DESIGNERS GUILD . SARAILLE WALLCOVERING IN POWERFUL COBALT
MODERN BLUE . PHOTOGRAPHY BY YURIKO TAKAGI VIA TRENDTABLET

Ultramarine..! If you are thirsty for piercing, mystic, refreshing & relaxing blue, that's the best tone!
  BLUE BAZAAR! i'm still not sure if i am ready to paint my room all blue, but I definitely say 'yes' to blue accents -- accessories and art works! All these items below (except the second row: AMINA AL ABBASI BAG and PENELOPE CLUTCH by MUSHMINA) are from RANIPINK. Do visit her shop for much more handmade Moroccan treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment